Saturday, May 23, 2009

Polyester Pants with an Elastic Waist

I went to Albertsons today to buy some milk. Some 1% milk. I just can't do fat free milk, sorry. Have you ever put that stuff in your coffee? It turns it kind of gray... Anyway, just as I was pulling in there was a young, pretty white woman in a nice, new white Lincoln pulling out. At the same time there was a heavy young black woman who was climbing out of her car. The lady in the white Lincoln had to wait for me to turn in before she could pull out. There was also some other lady pushing her shopping cart with a couple of little kids hanging off of it. It was kind of like the perfect storm of obstacles keeping the white Lincoln from pulling out. By the time I parked and got out the heavy young black woman was struggling across the parking lot, slowly making her way to the door of the store. The lady in the Lincoln was getting impatient and when she finally could she kind of screeched around HYBW, a little too close for comfort if you ask me. The girl looked at me and said, "Did you see that?" I answered, "Yeah, kind of in a hurry, wasn't she?" HYBW says, "Well, I was walking as fast as I could." I laughed and said. "Yeah, well fuck her. She's in a nice air-conditioned car and we're out here hoofing it on the hot asphalt." She looked at me, the nice middle-aged fat lady in polyester pants with an elastic waist and then just started laughing. We both had a nice chuckle on our way into the store. I do love to surprise people.

No comments:

Post a Comment