Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Everything's Relative
I've lost four pounds. I am trying to decide how often to weigh. I am leaning toward no more often than once a week, and maybe as little as once a month. I can really get obsessive about weighing, and I don't want to be jumping on and off the scale every five minutes. On the other hand I don't want to throw away my scale either. As usual, it tends to be one or the other with me. At any rate I've lost four pounds in the last few weeks. Instead of yelling "Yay! I lost four pounds!" I said wearily, "My God, four pounds. I still have about 160 to go." Honestly, I am so crazy. I have to sit down and remind myself that this is good, I could have gained four pounds or not lost any weight at all. What helps to put things into perspective is to go online and read stories about people who weigh (or weighed) five or six hundred pounds. Then I try to imagine how it would feel to say to myself "Yay! I lost four pounds! Only 450 pounds to go!" Or I try to relate to how thrilled someone who weighed 600 pounds would be when they got down to 312. They probably felt as light as a feather and thought they looked wonderful. Like I said, it's all relative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment